She was born in Zagreb, Croatia, where she attended the Academy of Fine Arts (Printmaking Department). After arriving in Britain, she studied in Brighton, Faculty of Art and Design,(Department of Fine Art) and gained BA(Hons) degree. Since then she has held number of residencies and placements and has exhibited regularly, in Britain and abroad. She will be giving workshops in York Art Gallery and will be part of Leeds Print Festival, where she regularly represents Artlink West Yorkshire.
Milena has had over 60 solo exhibitions in Britain, Croatia, Germany, Switzerland and South Korea. Her prints have been exhibited in the International Print Exhibitions in Britain, Poland, Brazil, Spain and South Korea.
Her work is in the following collections:
- Calderdale Museum, Halifax
- Dean Clough, Halifax
- Grundy Art Gallery, Blackpool
- Manchester City Art gallery
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Tintagel House, Sheffield
- Center for Rehabilitation for Victims of Torture, London
- Camphill Village Trust, Malton
- Municipal Museum Lodz